Inktober 4.0 set includes several warm and cool black colors for creating dramatic and rich monochrome art. There is a variety of temperatures, transparency, opacity, and granulation. Titanium White allows to create gouache-like colors out of each pigment.
These colors interact very well and compliment and balance each other. They are perfect for dramatic black-and-white painting, value studies, monochrome art, and the Inktober challenge. They can be combined with other palettes and sets!
The set includes 12 colors:
- Aniline Black - one of the oldest synthetic black pigments historically used for printing.
- Lamp Black - pigment made of soot of burnt tar, one of the most intense and saturated cool blacks.
- Iron Oxide Neutral Black - dense and opaque black, derivative of magnetite.
- Obsidian (aka Dragonglass) - naturally occurring volcanic glass.
- Chromium Black - a beautiful gentle black color with warm undertones.
- Channel Black - carbon pigment made with the use burning, a warm gentle black with subtle granulation.
- Bideford Black - Bideford Black - a unique, naturally occurring rare pigment only found in Bideford, North Devon (UK).
- Melange Green is made with the use of organic manufactured green and brown pigments. The resulting color is a pleasant earth-colored green color with warm brown undertones.
- Graphite - a color made of pure graphite.
- Bister Black - a pigment made with soot of burnt wood, widely used in ink making. Saturated and smooth, it will work great in both painting and lettering. This version has subtle brown undertones.
- Sepia - Sepia is a convenience color made of a combination of brown and black earth pigments to achieve darkness and granulation while remaining transparent.
- Titanium White - opaque cool white, perfect for highlights and for creating opaque colors out of any transparent ones.
Ten colors are made of stand-alone natural pigments, with no fillers, additives, or contaminating colors! Two colors (Sepia, Melange Green) are made with the use of multiple pigment that help add depth and dimension to the base color.
All colors in this palette are lightfast, highly pigmented, saturated, deep, and rich. These are professional grade watercolors!
The colors look beautiful on both white and toned paper!