A set of 20 sheets of textured watercolor paper in postcard format (4" x 6") - Somerset Textured White, 120 lb (250 gsm).
Here are some pros of postcard format:
- Relatively small size for low-pressure painting. Allows to capture small scenes or generalize vast spaces without much preliminary drawing or planning a large detailed composition.
- Convenient for shorter painting sessions and plein air painting where you don't have a large setup.
- Allows using high-quality watercolor paper without committing to a whole sketchbook/pad.
- Allows you to switch among different papers and only carry a few sheets instead of heavier pads or sketchbooks (great for travel or outdoor painting).
- It's easy to get rid of unsuccessful artwork. Just recycle and move on instead of covering it up or tearing pages.
- No need to keep all artworks together in one place (e.g. in a sketchbook). Easy to display, mail, give away, or sell artworks individually.
I hope you give this set a try! The set is also available as a free gift with any $96+ purchase. See F.A.Q. section for more information on free gifts.